Ube Dessert Recipe
Looking for some delightful and unique dessert recipes? Look no further than ube! Ube, also known as purple yam, is a vibrant tuber that hails from the Philippines. Its natural sweetness and stunning purple color make it a popular ingredient in various desserts. In this article, I’ll be sharing some mouthwatering ube dessert recipes that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth.
One of my favorite ube desserts is the classic Ube Halaya. Made with mashed purple yam, coconut milk, condensed milk, and butter, this creamy and indulgent treat is a must-try. The rich flavors of the ube combined with the luscious texture make it a perfect ending to any meal.
If you’re looking for something more adventurous, why not try making Ube Crinkle Cookies? These soft and chewy cookies are infused with ube flavor and coated in powdered sugar. They are not only visually appealing but also incredibly delicious. Whether you’re serving them at a party or enjoying them with a cup of tea, these cookies will definitely impress your guests.
So if you’re ready to explore the world of ube desserts, grab some fresh purple yams and let’s get cooking! From traditional Filipino treats like Ube Halaya to modern creations like Ube Crinkle Cookies, there’s no shortage of delicious options to satisfy your cravings. Get creative in the kitchen and indulge in these delightful ube dessert recipes that are sure to leave everyone wanting more.
Easy Ube Ice Cream Recipe
Who doesn’t love a creamy and delightful ice cream treat? And when it comes to unique and exotic flavors, ube is definitely a winner. If you’re craving a taste of this vibrant purple yam from the Philippines, look no further than this easy ube ice cream recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth in no time.
To make this delectable dessert, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients:
- 2 cups of ube (purple yam) jam
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: shredded coconut or crushed cookies for topping
Now let’s get started on creating this heavenly treat:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, and salt until well combined and the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Gently fold in the ube jam into the mixture until it is evenly distributed. Be careful not to overmix as you want to maintain some swirls of the vibrant purple color.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This usually takes about 20-25 minutes until it reaches a soft serve consistency.
- Transfer the churned ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for at least four hours or overnight to allow it to firm up.
- When ready to serve, scoop out generous portions of this luscious homemade ube ice cream into bowls or cones.
- For an extra touch of indulgence, sprinkle some shredded coconut or crushed cookies on top for added texture and flavor.
Now sit back, relax, and savor every spoonful of this velvety smooth delicacy with its distinct earthy-sweet taste. Whether enjoyed on its own or paired with your favorite desserts like warm pandesal or crispy waffles, this easy ube ice cream recipe is sure to be a hit among family and friends.
For an extra touch of indulgence, consider adding chunks of dark or white chocolate to enhance the overall richness and complexity of flavors. The contrast between the creamy chocolate morsels and the velvety purple hue of the brownies creates a truly stunning presentation.
So why not treat yourself to a delightful frozen dessert that celebrates the unique flavors of ube? Give this easy recipe a try and enjoy the rich, creamy goodness of homemade ube ice cream.