Dutch Oven Dessert Recipes for Camping
Looking for some delicious desserts to make on your next camping trip? Look no further! I’ve got a collection of mouthwatering Dutch oven dessert recipes that are perfect for outdoor cooking. Whether you’re craving warm, gooey treats or refreshing fruity delights, these recipes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
One of my favorite Dutch oven dessert recipes for camping is the classic campfire apple crisp. Made with fresh apples, cinnamon, and a buttery crumb topping, this dessert is easy to prepare and tastes heavenly when served hot off the fire. The combination of tender apples and crispy topping creates a delightful contrast of textures that will have everyone asking for seconds.
If you’re in the mood for something indulgent, why not try making a decadent chocolate lava cake in your Dutch oven? The rich and velvety center oozes out as you cut into it, creating a truly irresistible treat. With just a few basic ingredients like cocoa powder, sugar, eggs, and butter, you can whip up this delectable dessert in no time. It’s guaranteed to impress your fellow campers!
Decadent Dutch Oven Desserts for Camping
When it comes to camping, indulging in delicious desserts is a must. And what better way to satisfy your sweet tooth than with decadent Dutch oven desserts? These mouthwatering treats are not only easy to make but also add an extra level of excitement to your outdoor adventures. Let’s explore some irresistible recipes that will leave you craving for more.
- S’mores Brownies: Take the classic campfire treat of s’mores to a whole new level with these gooey and chocolatey brownies. Simply layer graham crackers, rich brownie batter, marshmallows, and chocolate pieces in your Dutch oven. Bake it over the campfire until the marshmallows turn golden and ooze with melted goodness. The result? A divine combination of fudgy brownies and toasted marshmallow bliss.
- Campfire Apple Crisp: This comforting dessert brings together the natural sweetness of apples with a crunchy oat topping. Start by tossing sliced apples with cinnamon sugar and placing them in your Dutch oven. In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, butter, and brown sugar to create a crumbly topping. Sprinkle it over the apples and let it bake until bubbling hot and golden brown. Serve this warm delight with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an unforgettable camping experience.
- Peach Cobbler: Capture the essence of summer by making a luscious peach cobbler outdoors. Combine fresh peaches with sugar, lemon juice, and spices in your Dutch oven for the filling. In another bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, and butter to create a fluffy biscuit dough as the topping. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the fruit mixture and bake until golden perfection is achieved! Enjoy this fruity delight as you soak up nature’s beauty around you.
- 4.Campfire Banana Boats: For a quick and easy dessert that kids (and adults) will love, try making campfire banana boats. Slice a ripe banana lengthwise, leaving the peel intact. Stuff it with your favorite toppings like mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and crushed graham crackers. Wrap the banana tightly in foil and place it in the Dutch oven over the fire. Let it cook until the fillings melt into a gooey delight. Unwrap and dig in with a spoon for a delightful combination of warm, caramelized bananas and decadent flavors.
- 5.Cinnamon Roll Campfire Cobbler: Transport yourself to breakfast heaven by whipping up this cinnamon roll campfire cobbler. Cut refrigerated cinnamon rolls into smaller pieces and scatter them across the bottom of your Dutch oven. Pour melted butter over them followed by a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover everything with foil and bake until the rolls are golden brown and bubbling with sweet goodness. Drizzle icing on top for an extra touch of indulgence.
These decadent Dutch oven desserts are sure to elevate your camping experience from ordinary to extraordinary! Get creative with flavors, experiment with different ingredients, and let your taste buds guide you towards culinary bliss under the stars.
Easy and Quick Dutch Oven Dessert Recipes
When it comes to camping, there’s nothing quite like ending the day with a delicious dessert cooked in a dutch oven. The beauty of using a dutch oven for desserts is that it allows you to create mouthwatering treats with minimal effort. Whether you’re craving something warm and gooey or fruity and refreshing, these easy and quick dutch oven dessert recipes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth while out in the great outdoors.
- S’mores Dip:
- Line the bottom of your dutch oven with chocolate bars.
- Top them off with mini marshmallows.
- Place the lid on your dutch oven and heat it over hot coals until the chocolate melts and the marshmallows turn golden brown.
- Serve this irresistible dip with graham crackers for dipping.
- Campfire Cobbler:
- In a bowl, mix together your favorite canned pie filling (such as cherry or apple) with cake mix.
- Pour the mixture into your greased dutch oven.
- Cover it with foil and place it over hot coals for about 30 minutes or until the cobbler is bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve this warm cobbler topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an indulgent treat.
- Banana Boat Delight:
- Cut a slit lengthwise down each banana, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff each banana with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and crushed graham crackers.
- Wrap each banana tightly in aluminum foil and place them in your preheated dutch oven.
- Cook them over hot coals for around 10 minutes or until the bananas are soft and gooey inside.
- Unwrap the bananas carefully, grab a spoon, and dig into this delightful campfire dessert.
- Campfire Apple Crisp:
- Slice some apples (peeled or unpeeled) and place them in your greased dutch oven.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter to create a crumbly topping.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apples in the dutch oven.
- Cover it with foil and cook it over hot coals for about 45 minutes or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Enjoy this warm apple crisp straight from the dutch oven.
- Grilled Pineapple Delight:
- Cut a fresh pineapple into thick slices.
- Coat each slice with honey and sprinkle them with cinnamon.
- Grill the pineapple slices directly on your dutch oven’s grill grate for a few minutes on each side until they are caramelized and slightly charred.
- Serve these grilled pineapple slices as is or top them with a scoop of coconut ice cream for a tropical twist.
These easy and quick dutch oven dessert recipes are perfect for satisfying your cravings while camping. With just a few simple ingredients and some heat from your campfire, you can create delectable treats that will leave everyone asking for seconds. So grab your dutch oven, head outdoors, and indulge in these delightful desserts under the starry night sky.
Bob Duncan is the lead writer and partner on ConversationsWithBianca.com. A passionate parent, he’s always excited to dive into the conversation about anything from parenting, food & drink, travel, to gifts & more!