Pie Iron Dessert Recipes
Are you ready to take your camping desserts to the next level? Look no further than pie iron dessert recipes. These simple yet ingenious creations are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth while adding a touch of adventure to your outdoor cooking experience.
Pie irons, also known as sandwich makers or pudgy pie makers, are versatile tools that allow you to create delicious and crispy treats over an open fire. From classic s’mores and fruity turnovers to gooey Nutella-filled delights, the possibilities are endless. With just a few basic ingredients and a little creativity, you can whip up mouthwatering desserts that will have everyone asking for seconds.
Whether you’re camping in the wilderness or enjoying a backyard bonfire, pie iron dessert recipes offer a fun and interactive way to enjoy sweet treats with family and friends. So grab your favorite fillings, preheat those irons, and get ready for a scrumptious adventure that will leave everyone wanting more. Let’s explore some delectable recipes that will inspire your inner campfire chef!
Sweet Pie Iron Dessert Recipes
Who doesn’t love a delicious dessert cooked over an open fire? When it comes to outdoor cooking, pie irons are a game-changer. These versatile tools can create mouthwatering sweet treats that will satisfy any sweet tooth. In this section, I’ll share some delectable sweet pie iron dessert recipes that are sure to impress your family and friends.
- S’mores Calzone:
- Start by buttering two slices of bread.
- Place one slice of bread in the pie iron, buttered side down.
- Add a layer of chocolate chips and mini marshmallows on top.
- Cover with the second slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Close the pie iron and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and the chocolate is melted.
- Carefully remove from the pie iron and let it cool slightly before enjoying this gooey delight.
- Apple Cinnamon Pocket:
- Peel and thinly slice an apple.
- Toss the apple slices with cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Butter two slices of bread and place one slice in the pie iron, buttered side down.
- Arrange a layer of apple slices on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle with some more cinnamon-sugar mixture for extra flavor.
- Top with the second slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side, or until the apples are tender and caramelized.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an irresistible combination.
- Berrylicious Hand Pies:
- Roll out pre-made pie dough into small circles that fit inside your pie iron compartments.
- Spoon your favorite berry filling onto half of each circle (strawberries, blueberries or raspberries work great).
- Fold over the other half to enclose the filling and seal the edges by pressing with a fork.
- Place the mini pies in the pie iron and cook over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Allow them to cool slightly before digging into these portable pockets of fruity goodness.
Remember, experimentation is key when it comes to pie iron desserts. Feel free to get creative and try different combinations of fruits, chocolates, and even spreads like Nutella. These sweet pie iron dessert recipes are just the beginning of your culinary adventure around the campfire. So grab your pie iron and let’s indulge in some irresistible outdoor treats!
Bob Duncan is the lead writer and partner on ConversationsWithBianca.com. A passionate parent, he’s always excited to dive into the conversation about anything from parenting, food & drink, travel, to gifts & more!