Dessert Recipes with Evaporated Milk
Looking for delicious dessert recipes that feature the rich and creamy goodness of evaporated milk? Look no further! In this article, I’ll be sharing a few mouthwatering recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth and showcase the versatility of evaporated milk in desserts.
One popular option is to use evaporated milk in homemade ice cream. Its high fat content adds a luscious texture and smoothness to the ice cream base. Whether you prefer classic flavours like vanilla or more adventurous combinations like chocolate chip cookie dough or strawberry cheesecake, incorporating evaporated milk will take your homemade ice cream to the next level of indulgence.
Another delectable dessert idea is to make a velvety custard using evaporated milk. From silky flan to creamy pots de crème, these desserts rely on the richness of evaporated milk to create a luxurious mouthfeel. The caramelised sugar topping adds an irresistible touch of sweetness, making it a perfect ending to any meal.
Decadent Chocolate Desserts Made with Evaporated Milk
Indulging in a rich and velvety chocolate dessert is a heavenly experience that can satisfy even the most insatiable sweet tooth. And when it comes to creating decadent chocolate treats, one secret ingredient that adds an extra level of creaminess and depth is evaporated milk. In this section, we’ll explore some mouthwatering dessert recipes that harness the magic of evaporated milk to take your chocolate indulgence to new heights.
- Silky Chocolate Mousse: Picture yourself diving into a cloud of smooth and luscious chocolate mousse. By incorporating evaporated milk into the recipe, you’ll achieve an irresistibly creamy texture that perfectly complements the intense chocolate flavor. Serve it chilled in elegant glasses or use it as a filling for pies and cakes.
- Fudgy Brownies: Craving a chewy and fudgy brownie? Look no further! When you swap regular milk with evaporated milk, you’ll create brownies with an incredibly moist interior that melts in your mouth. These little squares of heaven are perfect for satisfying your chocolate cravings any time of day.
- Decadent Chocolate Pudding: Dive into a bowl of silky-smooth chocolate pudding made using evaporated milk for added richness. This classic dessert becomes even more luxurious when infused with the subtle caramel notes from the evaporated milk. Top it off with whipped cream or sprinkle some chopped nuts for an extra touch of indulgence.
- Creamy Hot Chocolate: On cold winter nights, nothing warms you up quite like a cup of creamy hot chocolate. Elevate this comforting beverage by replacing regular milk with evaporated milk for an extra dose of creaminess and richness. Add marshmallows or a dollop of whipped cream on top for pure cocoa bliss.
- Irresistible Chocolate Ice Cream: Making homemade ice cream is a delightful experience, and when you incorporate evaporated milk into your chocolate ice cream recipe, you’ll achieve a velvety smooth texture that will leave you craving for more. Whether enjoyed in a bowl or sandwiched between cookies, this frozen treat is sure to please.
Incorporating evaporated milk into your chocolate dessert recipes can elevate the taste and texture of your creations to new heights. Whether it’s silky mousse, fudgy brownies, creamy pudding, comforting hot chocolate, or indulgent ice cream, these decadent treats made with evaporated milk are bound to satisfy even the most discerning chocolate lover’s palate. So grab your apron and get ready to embark on an epicurean adventure filled with rich and irresistible chocolate delights!
Creamy Custard and Pudding Desserts with Evaporated Milk
Silky Smooth Vanilla Pudding
One delightful way to incorporate evaporated milk into your dessert recipes is by making a silky smooth vanilla pudding. With its rich and creamy texture, this classic treat is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the evaporated milk, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk until the mixture is well blended.
- Gradually whisk in the whole milk until smooth.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks.
- Gradually whisk about half a cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks to temper them.
- Pour the tempered egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining hot milk mixture.
- Cook over medium-low heat for an additional two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Transfer the pudding into individual serving dishes or one large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding’s surface to prevent a skin from forming.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
Enjoy this luscious vanilla pudding on its own or layer it with fruit compote, whipped cream, or crushed cookies for an extra indulgence!
Bob Duncan is the lead writer and partner on ConversationsWithBianca.com. A passionate parent, he’s always excited to dive into the conversation about anything from parenting, food & drink, travel, to gifts & more!