Looking for a delightful and tangy twist to your desserts? Look no further than dessert recipes with dried cranberries. These little bursts of flavor add a pop of sweetness and tartness to any sweet treat. Whether you’re craving cookies, cakes, or pies, dried cranberries can elevate your desserts to a whole new level.
One simple yet delicious option is to incorporate dried cranberries into your favorite oatmeal cookie recipe. The chewiness of the cranberries pairs perfectly with the hearty texture of oats, creating a delectable combination that will satisfy any dessert lover’s cravings. You can also mix them into brownies or blondies for an added burst of fruity goodness.
Dessert Recipes with Dried Cranberries
Classic Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
If you’re a fan of delicious and chewy cookies, then these classic cranberry oatmeal cookies will surely make your taste buds dance with joy. The combination of sweet and tart dried cranberries adds a burst of flavor to the hearty oats.
To make these delightful treats, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
Here’s how to whip up a batch:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture until well combined.
- Stir in the oats and dried cranberries until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded portions onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Allow them to cool on a wire rack before indulging in their irresistible goodness.
These classic cranberry oatmeal cookies are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth while enjoying some wholesome goodness.
Tangy Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
If you’re searching for an elegant and tangy dessert to impress your guests, look no further than these luscious cranberry cheesecake bars. The combination of creamy cheesecake and tart dried cranberries creates a delightful balance that will leave everyone craving for more.
To create these delectable treats, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 16 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
Here’s how to make these heavenly bars:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C) and line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to form the crust.
- In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in the dried cranberries gently until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust in the baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until set around the edges but slightly jiggly in the center.
- Allow it to cool completely before refrigerating for at least two hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, cut into squares or bars and serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top.
These tangy cranberry cheesecake bars are not only visually stunning but also incredibly scrumptious—a perfect combination for any special occasion or casual get-together.
With these two delightful dessert recipes featuring dried cranberries, you’ll be able to satisfy your sweet tooth while adding a burst of flavor to your treats. Whether you’re craving chewy oatmeal cookies or creamy cheesecake bars, these recipes are sure to impress and leave everyone wanting more.
Bob Duncan is the lead writer and partner on ConversationsWithBianca.com. A passionate parent, he’s always excited to dive into the conversation about anything from parenting, food & drink, travel, to gifts & more!