It’s official! CWB is part of the Australasian Vice Blogging Network, along with other rad blogs like I Am Very Busy And Important (I interviewed its creator not too long ago – Multimedia Journalist, Zine Maker & Singer-Songwriter Sophie Benjamin: “Rolling Stone is embarrassingly out of touch and stodgy…”), Something you Said, Romiya and more.
Over the years, I’ve loved (and still do) reading arts and culture publication, Vice Magazine. I especially enjoy their interviews. Here’s a few you guys might like to check out:
- Vice Meets: Winston Smith – he’s an artist that’s made awesome collage art covers for bands like Dead Kennedys and Green Day, he’s work has also appeared in places like Punk Planet and Maximum Rock n Roll zines.
- An interview with Teri Gender Bender from Le Butcherettes – the new Queen of Rock!
- Karl Lagerfeld – an interview with the Kaiser himself
- Vice Meets: Debbie Harry – music Editor Kelly McClure spends an afternoon with 70s punk icon.
- Anarchy and Peace, Litigated – a brief history of the idealistic punk icons Crass.
- An interview with 13th Floor Elevators frontman Roky Erickson.
- Positive Thinking: Talking To The Creator Of The Negative Guest List Fanzine. RIP Brendon Annesley, the Brisbane zine community misses you!
On the topic of interviews, I have lots of exciting chats in the works that I can’t wait to share with you! Including an interview with the amazing NY electro duo Telepathe; phenomenal Irish instrumental band And So I Watch You From Afar; Jack Terricloth frontman for the The World/Inferno Friendship Society; hip hop duo Akoko and oh so much more…stay tuned!
*Vice Magazine cover illustration by the awesome Sophie Heywood