- Punk In Africa a new documentary + check out the Punk in South Africa mixtape.
- Super stoked I found a Riot Grrrl Is Not Dead compilation to download for FREE of 53 bands = 2½ hours of music! Thanks to the lovely ladies at Riot Grrrl Berlin for this.
- Seth Casteel’s Underwater dog photography is pretty spectacular!
- Some of the cutest shoes ever!
- For real. Black Milk leggings would pretty much have to be the best leggings in the entire Universe!
- Brian Dettmer art is amazing! “He creates them by dissecting books by sealing their edges and slowly carving out his creations. Using surgical tools he shows certain elements and hides others.” Thanks for the heads up on this Roxy Epoxy (her blog rules too)! Roxy also recently brought this to my attention – give it a read…it’s pretty interesting for musicians and venue owners/bookers.
- Ever wanted to know how-to carve your own stamp? I haven’t done it since I was kid, this easy guide shows you how to make things in your world extra pretty. You gotta love crafting! Also, celebrate love with this how-to make a heart sweater guide.
- Grrrl Zine Network has always been one of my favourite resources for Grrrl related zines and DIY projects. Lots of interviews with female zine makers and features on zines, their history and info on where you can get them.
- I heart Belgium’s Little Trouble Kids! Fancy a trip to Adventureland? How fun does that sound!
- Superb pop culture column from Tobi Vail, touching on Debbie Harry, The Go-Go’s, Pussy Riot, M.I.A. and Madonna can be found on Collapse Board.
One of the Brisbane bands that I love Dreamtime (I interviewed their bassist Catherine Maddin not too long ago) has a rad new clip:
Hugs & hearts,