Happy New Year lovelies! I know we’re already a week in but, I thought I’d take this moment to wish you all an AMAZING 2012! I hope everyone’s New Year has gotten off to a wonderful start, mine has.
Things in my world are starting to look brighter, better and more magical than they ever have before! There’s lots of interviews in the works with inspiring creative folk who are doing interesting and important work in the world including: Glen E Friedman, Kate Nash, Dave Catching, Ian Vanek from Japanther, the artist Sonny Kay &more! The next couple of weeks will also see in-depth interviews posted with some of my favourite people: designer Peggy Noland, Teri Gender Bender of Le Butcherettes, Drea Smith from PYYRAMIDS/He Say, She Say, photographer Harmony Nicholas… this year is going to be a big, big year!
Also, Issue #7 of my award-winning zine series Conversations With Punx is off to the printers this week too. Featuring in-depth interviews on spirituality, creativity and life with Duane Peters, Corey Parks, Lord Ezec, Russ Rankin, Brad Warner, Franklin Rhi & Ben Weasel.
Here’s some inspiration to help start your New Year right:
• Harnessing the Power of Intention for the New Year: “Intention is the starting point of every dream. It is the creative power that fulfills all of our needs, whether for money, relationships, spiritual awakening, or love. Everything that happens in the universe begins with intention.” What are your intentions for 2012?
• Want to know what the The No. 1 Habit of Highly Creative People is? Get your party of one on!
• How Do You Stay Creative? Inspiration to keep your creative juices flowing.
• Warhol Philosophies: “I think everybody should like everybody.” Inspiring prints.
• 28 steps to a positive & successful life. Tips to put you on the right track.
• Oprah and Eckhart Tolle discuss The Flowering of Human Consciousness and what it means to be present in each moment. I’ve recently starting watching this series and it’s seriously had a huge, positive effect on me. In fact, it really has blown my mind! Please watch it.
• How To Make Glitter Shoes! I was so excited to find this. Growing up my favourite shoes was a pair of silver glitter shoes my big sister owned, kind of like the ones Diana Ross wears in The Wiz! I know you can buy glittery shoes from a lot of places nowadays but being a big DIY fan and enjoying rockin’ unique pieces I prefer to make things myself. Can’t wait to try this on the weekend!
• How to Style Long Hair Short. Another inspiring post from my new favourite blog A Beautiful Mess. I’ve been thinking of cutting my hair but after finding this guide it’s inspired me to keep my hair long.
• Tips For Thrifting. As readers will know I’m a huge op shop/thrift store fan. Over half of my wardrobe consists of treasures found in unlikely places. If you’re new to thrifting you may find this little guide helpful. Expand your wardrobe without blowing your budget.
• Victorian Star Wars Portraits. Star Wars characters get classy.
• One of my favourite writer’s Paulo Coelho talks on writing. My friend Beck got me hooked on his books over a decade ago by introducing me to The Alchemist. He is one of the few authors I love where I have all his works in my library that I constantly find myself revisiting.
• Need More Culture In Your Life? Read These Books.
And lastly, I recently came across the band Indian Handcrafts that I’m really diggin’:
Dream big!! Create forever!
*Image (which is on my office wall as inspiration for 2012) source.