- Legendary Roots Crew drummer Ahmir Thompson has an in-depth chat about 15 years in the business. A super interesting read!
- Some of the best Mexican wares & Dia de los Muertos goodies to be found in Australia can be picked up at the offbeat Holy Kitsch.
- I haven’t stopped listening to this all week! A free download of Akoko’s debut EP.
- Also, some more of my favourite hip hop of late can be found for free (donations welcomed but not necessary) from my friends at Guerrilla Republik. I have an in-depth feature to be published shortly that includes chats with a few artists on the roster, as well as founder Rabb Love. These guys are taking hip hop to new heights. Only the realist feel this!
- I cannot wait for Bjork’s new record it looks & sounds phenomenal! The $800 box-set is insane! Want so bad!
- Wow! I can’t believe I only just found out about Mattel making Debbie Harry, Cyndi Lauper & Joan Jett Barbie dolls! And, what’s even radder is the Beth Ditto doll I found! Plus there’s a guy in Beijing that makes Lady Gaga ones too!
- Notes and Tones: Musician-to-Musician Interviews by Art Taylor has been a great read of late. I enjoy reading great interviews even if I don’t know the interviewee or their work. You know the interview is AMAZING if it inspires you to check out their work! If you want to become really good at interviewing I suggest you read as many interviews as you can find – good and bad (the bad ones show you what you can do better). I always love to read interviews with peers – artist to artist, like the ones that Interview Magazine publishes. The questions and answers are usually more insightful than the rubbish most interviews done by “music/entertainment journalist” have to offer.
- Nubby Twiglet’s Organization Methods Tips and Tricks from a Virgo helped me get sorted this week!
- I just love, love, love record art! DIY Album Art: Paper Bags and Office Supplies celebrating handmade record packaging from the ’90s punk & hardcore scenes is an inspiring find.
- I’m also loving CSS’ homemade lino print tour posters!!!
- Valentino Vamp never ceases to amaze me with the loveliest vintage & retro lady art & photos.
- Wanna see something super cute? This Guerilla Knitting documentary explores the origins of Yarn Graffiti!
- If you haven’t seen the following metaphysical documentaries I highly recommend Esoteric Agenda & Kymatica. They may make you look at the world a little differently. Go on expand your consciousness! I dare you to!
- I could keep watching episodes of David Lynch’s Interview Project over and over. It reinforces the notion that everyone has a story—that’s a huge reason I love interviewing; I love to tell people’s stories (especially creative people) in the hopes others will be inspired or find a commonality and realise that they are not alone.
- Though I don’t identify myself as a Buddhist I have studied the philosophy fairly in-depth for many years now and have seen the positive difference various aspects of the philosophy and its practices has made in my life. Meditation has really helped me get through many hard times in my life. Noah Levine and his Dharma Punx movement was a great starting place for me. You can download free talks and guided meditations from the Dharma Punx site. Many of my friends who have been recovering addicts have found the Buddhism & Recovery steps helpful.
- And lastly, who can resist a pug dog that says “I love you!”
No responses yet Link Love